In addition to giving back and operating sustainably, we feel that our Corporate Social Responsibility plan should include the sharing of information with our clients on how they can be Responsible Travellers. Below we provide some suggestions on how to become more responsible.
Responsible travel is about the choices that a traveller makes when they are on the road. This means that the visitor acts responsibly in their choices, behaviour, and attitudes. You can travel responsibly by:
• Being aware of what responsible travel is
• reading up on local culture and history
• choosing tour and lodging companies with responsible tourism policies
• supporting conservation or social projects
• buying local foodstuffs and locally-made souvenirs
• using a local guide
• tipping in an appropriate way.
• respecting local resource shortages (typically water)
Global Code of Ethics for Tourism (downloadable pdf booklet) English – http://dtxtq4w60xqpw.cloudfront.net/sites/all/files/docpdf/gcetbrochureglobalcodeen.pdf
Recommendations based upon the Global Code of Ethics of the World Tourism Organization. English/Spanish (pdf) http://2016.turismo.gov.ar/wp_turismo/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/viajero-responsable.pdf
The Responsible Tourist & Traveller (pdf) http://ethics.unwto.org/sites/all/files/docpdf/responsibletouristbrochureen.pdf
Want to know more about Responsible Travel – Peru? Please contact us!